Hi everyone, this week I installed the steppers and endstop wires on the printer as a first step to finish this project once for all. I hope next week we can move forward and add more wires. Yeah!
The endstops are going to be used in an NO (normally open configuration) which means that the switch is open when the endstop is not actuated. This can be easily configured in Marlin. I also added coloured zip ties matching the endstop color wires so I can have a color code when connecting everything to the ramps, it is quite difficult to follow a cable through the cable chains and all only to see where it comes from.
Also the X axis motor bracket will be reprinted next week so it can touch the Y axis endstop, and then I’ll attach the X axis endstop. I’m planning on adding also a few printed parts for cable management, we’ll see what I have time for.
Become a Patron!